10:16 PM

Never Stop doing things you're Passionate about..

Since graduating from UNCW, I've been hanging out in my apartment by myself for the most part because everyone that I know has gone home for the summer, some to return in the fall and some I will probably never get to see that often anymore, sad I know, but its the reality of life. I've been faced with reality pretty much all this year, first was probably when I didn't get into the Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC for photography. That threw me into a loop hole because I did not have a plan b or whatever, I just knew I was going to get accepted, but after I didn't I figured this was God's plan for me to stay and be....normal? After not being accepted, I focused much of my energy into something that I LOVE and is really passionate about, DANCING. And yes I did choose a favorite between my two passions, photography and dancing lol. When I started dancing the spring of my Sophomore year of college, I figured it was something fun for me to do since I wasn't involved with anything on campus, and for the most part it was just something fun. It wasn't until towards the end of my junior year before Physical Graffeeti's end of the year showcase that I fell in love with it. It was like a relationship was formed between me and dancing haha. That was the first time I choreographed something (So much Betta-Janet-Intro AlterEg0 Hawk it Out if you're wondering). During that whole summer, I made it my goal to do something different, to better myself as a dancer and choreographer, and I think for a couple of months, I really transitioned myself from just a member of PG to a member that really made a difference this year (I think lol). So as my senior year is winding down, I was faced with the reality that I will have to give up being a dancer and choreographer because I have to "grow up" and be a old man i guess. It was like someone was telling me that I had to break up with my girlfriend and move on, and we just got serious LOL. ANYWAY, since I dont have cable at the moment, I decided to watch American Idol..blah blah, nothing new, there aint no Kelly clarkson, Fantasia, or Carrie Underwood up in there haha, but there was a new show premiering, a show called GLEE. I was tempted to turn off the tv, but there was a few jokes that I thought was funny so I decided to leave it on in the background. Thank God I left it on because it's actually a REALLY good show. It's about a teacher who is trying to revive the Glee Club which is like a musical club that goes to competition. He struggles with the fact that his wife is having a baby and he has to be responsible by "providing" for them so he quits his teaching job and applies for a accounting job(accounting SUCKS by the way lol). Well as he's about to leave a co-worker stops him and show tapes of him at 93 nationals competing with the Glee Club and tells him he shouldn't stop what he's passionate about. This made me think of myself because just because I'm a "old man" now and gotta take care of my responsibilities, that doesn't mean I have to stop doing things that I love. I would LOVE to teach area kids the True meaning of Hip-hop dancing, and I would do it for free because that's how much I love. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it, but somehow I will do it. This may be the reason God chose me to stay here in Wilmington instead of going to NYC, I dont know, but whatever happens in the future, I will NEVER Stop dancing!!!!!! and YOU should never stop doing things you're passionate about EITHER!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment