8:36 PM

Recognition

When we put ourselves out there for the public to see, its natural for people to love or hate you. I think that's always going to be the case with dancing. This past year, I'd like to think myself as evolving from someone who sorta did dancing as a way to get involved on campus to something that I can't live without, as a great quote I read not too long ago said, "dancing is as close as I'll ever get to flying...". I couldn't have said it any better than that. I always wondered if people would recognize if I had made a difference in PG, or at least recognized that I could dance at least lol. I thought maybe if I knew how to freestyle, or knew how to do other flashy things, maybe I could fit the 'stereotype' for a hip-hop dancer and maybe people would give me opportunities to do other things. But then I thought, you know, I don't have to do all that, as long as I stay true to my craft, someone will give me the opportunity to teach, to lead, to do what I LOVE to do. Hopefully I will start teaching again soon, maybe to the local community, I think that will be a great opportunity and maybe start my own crew, who knows, the ideas are endless with me lol, but I've learned as long as you're humble with your 'talent' people will definitely recognize you and doors will open :)

Comments (0)

Post a Comment