1:23 AM

its just the way it is

When you're good at something, people assume that you love doing it. I think people still wonder why I don't do photography anymore. Truthfully the reason why I don't do it anymore is because I don't get inspired the way I used to, the passion isnt there. I remember being a freshmen/sophomore and getting so excited when I would take a great photo. I think photography was the first thing I was ever 'good' at. It gave me the opportunity to put a fantasy into reality, and it also gave me the opportunity to meet really good people, and really shitty people lol, but more good than bad. I got see see a lot of things around town that I would definitely not have seen or been exposed to. I honestly believe when you do something you put your whole heart into it. Why strive to be mediocre when you can be the fuckin BEST. For a time, photography was my life and I think I progressed rather quickly for never taking a class and always watching America's Next Top Model haha. The reason i'm writing this is because some people think I'm wasting a 'talent' by not doing it anymore, but is it really wasting it when my heart isn't in it? This past year I was rejected when I applied for the Fashion Institute of technology in NYC. I, of course was disappointed, but it was a sigh of relief because I rather not have gotten accepted then be accepted and take the place of someone who REALLY wanted to be a photographer. I think life is full of opportunities and I'm definitely not going to put the camera away, it's just a hobby that i'll do once in a while. Who knows, maybe one day the fire might come back and I'll make a comeback, but for now it is what it is.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment